2015年4月22日星期三

Why do some people still wear watches?


It seems like we're surrounded with devices that'll help you tell time. Why do some people also wear a watch then? Is it because it is considered by some people to be jewelry? 

Answer1: When someone asks me what time it is, I can usually answer before people even start reaching for their phones. It takes a lot less effort to rotate your wrist and move your eyes than take a phone out, press a button, get distracted by notifications and lock your phone again. Also, watch batteries last much longer than phone batteries.

Answer 2: Watches are a fashion accessory and, if you can afford an expensive one, a status symbol. Also, although many of us carry a mobile phone that tells the time, we also may keep it in our pocket or purse. Checking the time requires pulling it out. It's faster to simply glance at a wrist.

Answer 3: I like one of the last analog dials in my life - the others being my car speedometer and tachometer. I like the ability to tell time at a quick glance without having to reach for my phone and having people think I'm texting or getting bored. If you're checking the time quite constantly (trying not to miss something, timing a jog, running late somewhere) the time-checking motion is a lot less awkward. 

Finally because I've worn a watch for most of my life, I just feel weird without a watch on my wrist. It feels like I'm missing a piece of clothing, like I'm a little naked. Also, if I get really bored I can spin the dial on the face of my watch.

Answer 4: Watches are wonderful pieces of engineering. One of my favorite watches to wear is a skeleton watch, where you can see each gear moving one another with some hypnotizing repetition...

Answer 5: Some have numerous complications, such as ability to see moon phases, keep track of dates, stopwatch functionality, etc... 

They represent one of the greatest engineering achievements of all time... i heard someone say that a significant contributor to US's WWII win was the soldiers' pocket watches, giving them the ability to coordinate better...

Oh, and they look fine, which is probably why most people wear them.

What's your answer about this question?

没有评论:

发表评论